Last spring, student responses to President Leebron's "Vision for the Second Century, Part Two" (V2C2) helped identify Rice's current strengths and how the university should develop as it moves into its second century. Based on recurring areas in feedback from students, faculty, administration, and alumni, V2C2 lays out eight broad pillars of the Rice undergraduate experience that will serve as the focus areas of a $1.5 billion fundraising campaign.
Through the Student Association's "100 Ideas for Rice's Future" campaign, we as students have the opportunity to share our biggest ideas about Rice and see them implemented as the initiatives coming out of V2C2. By proposing specific and ambitious projects based on our perspectives as students, we can shape the directions of V2C2 for meaningful impact on what Rice is today and what it could be tomorrow.
With less than 5 minutes of your time, you could contribute to the creation of new projects, initiatives, and opportunities on campus that are relevant to your interests and experiences as an undergrad. No idea is too big - the sky is the limit for what you would like to see in Rice's future.
If you have any questions at all about the 100 Ideas for Rice’s Future Initiative or V2C2 feel free to reach out at [email protected]
We are grateful for your participation.
Any and all ideas are welcome, particularly those that fall into one of the eight main pillars identified as areas of importance in the V2C2 draft.
- Strengthening faculty-student engagement
- Expanding research, creative works, and design projects
- Globalizing Rice by increase the availability and variety of significant international experiences
- Sustaining the excellence of Rice's curriculum, course experience, and classroom environment
- Incorporating a wide range of experiential opportunities into Rice's educational program
- Growing the use and creation of innovative spaces (design kitchens, collaborative hubs, etc)
- Expand access, diversity, and inclusiveness
- Engaging with Houston as a model 21st century city
Helpful V2C2 Links
An overview of the progress made over the years during the original Vision For the Second Century Campaign.
The V2C2 DRAFT document can be accessed below using the password indicated.
Feedback for the V2C2 document can be provided at the link below.